This germ has been found in over 60% of persons who have peptic ulcers and is believed by some to be the cause of the peptic ulcer. Several studies have shown that 70-90% of ulcer patients treated with Zantac or Tagamet will have recurrences within one year. Those treated for Helicobacter have only 5 to 10% recurrence. Helicobacter has been found in virtually all cases of acute and chronic gastritis and peptic ulcers. Following are ways to treat Helicobacter (in addition to the usual methods of treating peptic ulcers).
- Fast one day using nothing except water by
- Begin a simple diet consisting of not more than two food items, plus bread and spread. Take small bites and chew each bite to cream before swallowing.
- Use a tincture of goldenseal and echinacea (obtainab1e from Dr. Christopher Deatherage 5, Box 806, Ava, MO 65608, Phone: 417-683-1300); one teaspoonful every hour for six hours; then one teaspoonful every four hours—you must wake up at night to take it—then six teaspoons a day until a bottle containing eight ounces has been taken.
- Beginning on the seventh day, take a heaping tablespoon of charcoal four times daily, early morning, mid-morning, mid-afternoon, and bedtime, avoiding mealtimes by at least half an hour on either
- Until the echinacea has been completely taken, avoid all animal products, spices, vinegar products, baking powder and baking soda, and all beverages except water and herbal teas. Drink eight to ten, eight-ounce glasses of water or herbal teas per Many people with peptic ulcer disease are chronically dehydrated.
- Use herbal teas for soothing, pain, sedation, etc. These include white willow bark, wild lettuce, liquorice, and slippery elm.
- Garlic, if tolerated, should be taken in the quantity of five cloves for breakfast, and five cloves for lunch. Meals on the first day after the fast should be approximately half the quantity one ordinarily eats. The garlic can be chopped and made into a garlic sandwich. If preferred, the sandwich can consist of three garlic cloves taken in a sandwich three times a day. If raw garlic is irritating to the stomach, it may be steamed.
“Healthy Lifestyle Matters in Prevention of Diseases”
For more information contact:
Silvia Rojas Reyes,
N.D., M.M.P., Health & Life Coach
(Lifestyle Medicine, Harvard)
Phone: 44- 756 24 25 749
“Healthy Lifestyle Matters in Prevention of Diseases” SRR
Amazing Natural Medicine